All-On-Four Dental Implants
Platinum Dental Group offers implant dentistry, including all-on-4 implants, in New Jersey at seven conveniently located offices. The all-on-4 treatment is an alternative to conventional dentures and bridges. It was developed to provide patients with a fixed, full-arch restoration that looks and feels natural. The all-on-4 procedure replaces all the missing teeth in your upper jaw, lower jaw, or both.
Benefits of All-on-4 Dental Implants
There are many benefits to all-on-4:
- They provide a solid and stable foundation for replacement teeth. Unlike traditional dentures, which can slip and cause discomfort, all-on-4 implants are securely anchored in the mouth.
- All-on-4 gives a more natural appearance and improves chewing function and speech.
- In addition, all-on-4 are easier to care for than dentures, and they don’t require special adhesives or cleaners.
- Because the implants are inserted directly into the surrounding bone tissue, it helps prevent bone loss. This helps protect your remaining teeth from being lost.
- All-on-4 can last a lifetime with proper care, while dentures typically need to be replaced every 5 to 7 years.
Things to Consider Before Choosing All-on-4 Dental Implants
Although all-on-4 implants offer many benefits, there are also some potential disadvantages.
- All-on-4 can have a significant upfront cost. They are also typically more expensive than traditional dental implants.
- In addition, all-on-4 requires a higher level of care and maintenance than conventional implants. Patients must take special care to clean and floss around the implant sites.
- Patients may need to avoid certain foods and drinks that can damage the implants.
- All-on-4 is also not a suitable treatment option for all patients. Sufficient bone tissue in the jaw is required for placement, so patients with osteoporosis or other conditions that affect bone density may not be candidates for all-on-4. Gum disease can also disqualify you as a candidate for all-on-4.
- There is a risk of failure with any dental implant surgery, but this risk is increased with all-on-4 because there are four implants instead of just one.
How much do all-on-4 implants cost?
While the initial cost of dental implants can be higher than other tooth replacement options, they offer many benefits that some patients feel are worthwhile.
All-on-4 dental implant placement includes providing two implants in the front of the mouth and two implants in the back of the mouth. All-on-4 typically cost between $15,000 and $30,000. The exact cost depends on how many implant posts are needed, the complexity of the procedure, and the geographical location. Dental insurance may cover some of the all-on-4 costs in some cases. Talk to your insurance provider to determine what benefits your policy will provide.
How do you get all-on-4 dental implants?
All-on-4 is used to support an entire arch for a set of permanent dentures. While traditional implants are placed individually into the bone, all-on-4 implants are placed in groups of four dental implants. Two implants are placed in the front of the mouth and two in the back. This type of implant is ideal for patients who have lost all teeth or have extensive tooth damage. Bone grafting is not required for most patients.
The procedure for placing all-on-4 is similar to placing an individual implant, so the first step is to place implants into the jawbone. The healing process can take several months, and then your dentist can use them to support a full set of dentures.
All-on-4 offers several benefits, including improved stability and aesthetics. They also allow patients to avoid wearing a removable denture, which can be uncomfortable and inconvenient.
Is all-on-4 comfortable?
One of the benefits of All-on-4 is that they are very comfortable. The procedure places them directly in the jaw without using a bone graft, which gives them a sturdy foundation. In addition, the denture or bridge is custom-made to fit your mouth, so it should not rub or irritate your gums. Implant dentistry is the best way to replace missing teeth in a way that looks and feels similar to natural teeth.
All-on-4 can also help preserve the remaining bone tissue in the jaw, which can prevent facial sagging and help you to maintain a youthful appearance.
Contact Platinum Dental Group Today!
If you believe you are a good candidate for all-on-4 implants, give us a call today! We will be happy to schedule a consultation and help you get the beautiful smile you desire.