A simple, discreet, and effective orthodontic treatment, Invisalign is a popular alternative to braces.
Invisalign allows patients to align their smiles with minimal interference to their daily lives.
At Platinum Dental Group, our team of skilled dental professionals has specialized training and extensive experience in Invisalign, and we are dedicated to helping you achieve your desired results.
What are Invisalign aligners?
Invisalign is an orthodontic system that straightens teeth using clear plastic aligners. Unlike metal braces, Invisalign Align Technology is nearly invisible, so they are much less noticeable and, in most cases, eliminate the need for unsightly and uncomfortable brackets, bands, and wires. This treatment is used to fix various dental issues like crowded teeth, gaps, overbites, and underbites.
Invisalign aligner system is focused around:
- Being a faster, more advanced, and more comfortable treatment than other options in dental and orthodontic care.
- Addressing a broad spectrum of alignment issues and malocclusions or “bad bites.”
- Allowing for more precise planning and control of multiple types of tooth movement.
Using 3-D computer imaging technology, Invisalign shows your complete treatment plan from the initial position of your teeth to the final desired position. Then a series of custom-made, clear aligners are created for you and your smile. Simply wear the aligners as directed, and they gradually move your teeth into place!
How Invisalign Treatment Works
Our team will conduct a thorough examination of your mouth and smile during your initial consultation to determine if Invisalign is right for you. If it is, we will take impressions, photos, and digital x-rays of your mouth, which will be used then to create a 3-dimensional image of your teeth and jaw. This image will be used to develop your treatment plan and design your custom aligners.
You will be given a new series of aligners during each visit, and you will need to wear each one for about two weeks before moving on to the next in the series. As you progress through the system, your teeth will gradually shift into place. You will need to visit our office periodically so that we can check on your progress and provide the next set of aligners.
It’s important to note that Invisalign can treat not all orthodontic issues, and not every person is an ideal candidate for the Invisalign system. In these cases, our doctors will recommend other treatment options.
Invisalign Clear Aligners vs. Traditional Metal Braces
There are several benefits of using an orthodontic treatment like Invisalign aligners, including:
- Invisalign clear aligners are barely noticeable while giving you straight teeth! This is ideal for patients who are self-conscious or worried about how they would look with traditional braces.
- You can continue your current oral hygiene routine – brushing and flossing twice per day, and regular dentist visits are typical. However, your dentist may have other recommendations, depending on your individual needs.
- There is no need to avoid specific drinks or foods during treatment, as the aligners can be removed while eating. Just rinse your teeth before putting the clear aligner back in to prevent any food particles or bacteria from getting trapped against your teeth.
- Clear aligners are a more comfortable alternative to metal braces because they are made of a smooth BPA-free plastic custom-fit to your teeth. In addition, there are no wires, brackets, or bands that can cause irritation or abrasions like metal braces.
- Other Invisalign systems have been created for patients of varying ages – Invisalign First for growing children ages 6 to 10, Invisalign Teen for patients ages 11 to 16, and even Invisalign Express for adults with mild alignment issues.
- Invisalign’s cost can vary slightly depending on the complexity of your orthodontic needs. Financing options and payment plans are available for existing and new patients. You will also want to discuss all options with your dental insurance company to see what your current insurance coverage is for orthodontic treatment.
Invisalign Provider in New Jersey
If you are searching for an Invisalign provider, look no further than Platinum Dental Group. We have several locations across New Jersey, and our teams are all experienced in providing this treatment to patients.
Schedule a consultation at a Platinum Dental Group office near you to learn more about Invisalign or other dental services we provide. Then, we’re ready to give you the smile you’ve always dreamed of!