At Platinum Dental Group, we understand that children have unique dental needs and require a different approach to care. Our team of pediatric dentists is dedicated to the health and care of your child’s smile.
Our top priority is helping young patients understand the importance of good oral hygiene and develop healthy habits that will last a lifetime.
These simple recommendations can help your child maintain optimal oral health and develop a positive attitude towards dental care:
- Establish a consistent dental partnership with a board-certified pediatric dentist when your child is between 1 and 2 years old and bring your child to the dentist for routine checkups and care.
- Start cleaning your child’s teeth as soon as they appear with a wet washcloth or gauze pad until you can advance to a children’s toothbrush.
- Do not allow your child to sleep with a bottle of milk or juice, food, or candy.
- Always lead by example and show your child the proper oral hygiene steps like brushing and flossing twice per day and encourage this behavior.
- Promote wise dietary choices and healthy snacking – replace sugary drinks with water and limit sweets.
- Provide support and guidance to help your child put away their pacifier and stop thumb or finger sucking at the appropriate time to prevent dental issues.
- Make sure your child wears a proper mouthguard when playing certain sports.
- If you notice anything out of the ordinary with your child’s teeth or mouth, don’t hesitate to contact our Pediatric Dentistry team. We are here to help!
The Importance of Pediatric Dental Services
Your child’s teeth are essential, not just for their smile but for their overall health as well. Pediatric Dentistry focuses on infants, children, and adolescents’ unique oral and dental health needs. Our teams are specially trained to provide comprehensive dental care for your child.
Early and consistent dental care is important for several reasons:
- First, it can help detect more severe dental problems at their early stages.
- It can help your child develop healthy dental habits that will last a lifetime.
- Third, it can help your child feel comfortable and confident about their smile.
- It can give you some peace of mind knowing their teeth are healthy and well-cared for.
Studies show that children miss over 50 million school hours each year to dental problems, which can be detrimental to their education and development. To help children avoid these issues and maintain beautiful smiles, we recommend regular dental checkups and cleanings.
Pediatric Dentistry: Frequently Asked Questions
Pediatric Dentist in New Jersey
Platinum Dental Group takes a proactive approach and emphasizes the importance of good dental health. We provide high-quality dental care to you and your child with the resources and tools to establish an effective oral hygiene routine. Whether it’s your child’s first dental appointment, a routine visit, or a dental emergency, every member of our team gives compassionate care and strives to make each dental visit with your child a positive, informative, and beneficial experience.